View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 01:59 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
This took me 8 minutes of work on baseball reference to prove wrong.

In games Dunn did not play or did not start, the Sox were 6-11.

These were game numbers 7, 32, 35, 51, 85, 91, 94, 112, 135, 138, 141, 148, 154, 155, 156, 158, 162.

Do research first, I say!
I don't know that the Sox would have won those six games if Dunn had been in the lineup, especially in the field. You don't need to do research if you have watched Adam Dunn play for the White Sox. He has hurt the team far more than he has helped it. If he had a one-year contract, he wouldn't have come back for a second year. If he had a tw0-year contract, he wouldn't have come back for a second year. If the Sox had an option to buy out the remainder of his contract for $2 million, he wouldn't be coming back next year.

Looking at his signing in isolation, and not considering for example whether Konerko would have re-signed with the Sox had Dunn (just as in the previous paragraph I didn't consider whether the possibility of being without a contract would have inspired him to be a decent major league hitter), I don't think anyone who has watched the Sox since Adam Dunn signed, except for momentarily brief flashes, has believed the Sox were better off because they signed Adam Dunn.