View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 11:55 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
Garcia and Abreu are our best bats.

Look at the course of Dunn's tenure with the Sox, if you can't see the negative impact by now I think you're in denial. Trying to water it down by just looking at last year seems a bit disingenuous. Sure the Sox still would have stunk last year even if they had that 15 million back to spend on an actual good hitter, but that doesn't let Dunn off the hook for his effect on the team. Having a hitter like that in the middle of the lineup is going to effect the production of the entire lineup. Konerko falling off the cliff last year didn't help, but every player is going to get too old at some point.
Dunn was the best bat last year, I guess I needed to clarify that.
I am not a fan of Dunn and I clearly said I understand why people dislike him. The fact is the Sox would not have been a better team without Dunn last year, offensively speaking. It's funny how Konerko gets a pass for his production and some actually want to see him back next season. Blame it on injuries or his age but his bat is worse than Dunn's. Dunn should not be a middle of the lineup hitter, unfortunately the Sox did not have better options and Venture kept him there.