View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 12:12 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears1987 View Post
This subject made me think that they really need to take down that 2005 World Champions banner on the outside of the park that you see on the Dan Ryan. It makes us look pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
This post is ridiculous. What does the banner outside of Wrigley say? Or Pittsburgh? Kansas City? Cleveland? I've been a Sox fan since 1977. Do I want them to win more titles? Absolutely. Am I supposed to feel ashamed at the one WS title they've won since I've been a fan? Absolutely not.
I agree with Spawn. Why should I give a ****? Seriously? As Spawn points out, at least 20 other teams would love to have that banner hanging outside their park. Heck, Sox fans don't have to go far to find other fans who are envious. Just drive to the Northside, or to Wisconsin, or to Michigan. I still celebrate 2005 and I am still critical of ownership and management for not sustaining that success. Since the two are far from being mutually exclusive, I'm not going to choose one or the other.
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell