View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 09:38 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleHoser View Post
We should have never let him leave to begin with. He was a productive LH bat in the middle of the order and should have been re-signed.

I was very irked when Rick Hahn was quoted a week after he signed with Texas that they needed another LH bat to balance the lineup.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I think one reason he wasn't re-signed was that they needed to choose between him and Jake Peavy .

I don't think there's any question that from a pure baseball standpoint you make him an offer. I think the bigger question is whether Rick Hahn or anyone else in a decision-making role in the organization would be willing to eat humble pie, admit they were wrong to let him leave, and make him an offer.
Addison Reed told you why they didn't bring him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).