View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 01:44 PM
MMXXIII

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
Adam Dunn's salary is only part of the problem.

Speaking wildly hypothetically, in an alternate universe where there were no Adam Dunn on the White Sox, if someone were paying the White Sox what Adam Dunn is making, to play regularly with what Adam Dunn is doing for the Sox on the field, he would be hurting the team.
Dunn's definitely not helping the team, but let's not get into some sort of false narrative that paints the Sox as a powerhouse that's being dragged down by Adam Dunn the Anchor. He was probably the most prolific offensive player the team had last year.

Dunn's gone after 2014 so in terms of any kind of planning, he's not much of a problem any more. Best case scenario is he starts the year hot, and a contender who needs a left handed bat takes a flyer on him. Worst case scenario is he plays out the string and is let go after next season. I don't think anyone expects the Sox to seriously contend for much more than 3rd place, but even after Adam is gone, this team now has 2 keepers and 7 holes to fill in it's lineup. That's why we stinks.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know