View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 11:12 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards press box View Post
And the last AL team before the Sox, Red Sox and Yankees to win a Series? The Angels in 2002. And how far does one have to go to find another AL team to win a Series? Twenty years since Toronto won in 1993.

Perhaps we should view the Sox' championship in 2005 in the context that it was a significant accomplishment. Can the Sox get back there? With the pitching they have, I think they can, provided that Rick Hahn can make the right moves. I like what I saw from Hahn at the trade deadline and I look forward to more moves.
The franchise has figured out how to scout pitching and find it from various sources. It's the diamond where they have struggled lately. They need to find more talent for the diamond. Then they will win another title.

Detroit, for all of Illitch's commitment, hasn't been able to get it done. Fielder is already looking like a mistake. Cabrera was hurt this postseason. He's a brilliant hitter. But for how long? The pen is terrible. They have been for awhile.

Jackson swings at air. Verlander and Scherzer are good, but can they pay Scherzer? Can he do it again?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox got another title before the Cubs or Tigers. That would be sweet revenge.

Last edited by palehozenychicty; 10-22-2013 at 11:21 PM.