View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 12:17 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Were stuck with Dunn until the deadline, and even then, I doubt we get any decent pieces.

Viciedo has one more "potential" year left before hitting arbitration. Since power is at a premium and he's still relatively inexpensive, this winter is the last time the Sox will be able to sell high on his power potential.

Acquiring Abreu basically puts to bed the idea that Viciedo will be moved to 1B, and his only ideal spot, which Hahn was talking about as recently as the all star break.

Regression? Since when was Viciedo better than he was this year? He had a career average line, other than being down a few HRs. This is what he is. He's at 1152 ABs, well past the "surprise late" threshold.
He did pick it up later in the season, but I would have liked to see a bit more consistency and also more RBI's (not all of that was his fault, it's hard to knock in runs, when there are no baserunners). At the end of the day, he probably is a .260-.270 guy. Most of his regression was defensively, but I think he's in the right position to improve.