View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 10:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
You're abandoning logic for numbers at face value without any analysis. And you're attaching names to what he's doing that have definitions that don't match up. He's not a power pitcher. Look it up. The prototype is Nolan Ryan. That's insulting to insinuate. And he's not a fireballer. Look the definition up. He's not all high speed fastballs. It's been brought up in the thread he throws fastballs (THREE KINDS, varying in velcoity from as low as 83 on the cutter) at a league average rate, especially when you consider he uses two of them as off-speed offerings and not fastballs at all. You can't count them all as fastballs when his change is faster. Well, you can, but that's why I don't have a problem saying you're way off base. Dudes a deception artist, with multiple pitches and a hidden delivery.
Roll your eyes all you want. The kid throws a 95 mph 4 seamer. He attacks the zone. He doesn't rely on off speed pitches. He pitches to contact, yet still gets k's at a solid rate. Batters hit .237 off that fastball. That's a power pitcher. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).