View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 10:00 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Claiming he throws his four seamer at 95 is no different than if I claimed he threw at 86 (because he threw it that slow just as often). His average velocity on that pitch was 91, and he almost never dialed it up to 95 because he can't keep his control on that pitch, which is important because he gets no movement on it. He threw it at 91-92 almost every game of the season, and relied way more on his breaking stuff.

The only way you could think he's a fire-baller is if you watched one or two pitches a game, at most. There's no other explanation.
I never said he was a fire baller.

The trends say he will maintain his velocity for a while. He's actually gained velocity every month he's been in the major leagues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).