View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 11:40 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Dayan Viciedo, Chris Beck, Trayce Thompson and our #3 international FA slot to the Yankees for Gary Sanchez and Mason Williams.

Both prospects are at least partially blocked in New York and the Yankees love to trade their best prospects for immediate help.

The Yankees would get a LF power bat with Gardiner moving to CF and Granderson leaving as an FA, decent mid level pieces and more international FA cap room. The Sox would get two top 50 prospects in our catcher of the future and a toolsy outfielder with better hitting acumen that any of our current OF prospects.

My only misgiving is that the Yankees would likely ask for one of Hawkins or Johnson instead of Beck and Thompson.
Beck has the most value of those 4. Hawkins has a lot of work to do get his prospect status back. Thompson still has big time talent, but really had a tough year and Johnson is a middle infielder that can't field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).