View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 10:27 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post

As for offseason moves - they should all be about clearing contracts and bringing in young talent, preferably at the same time.

Dunn's stuck here until the deadline, but someone has to be interested in Danks and Ramirez, with De Aza and Beckham also may be moved since both are getting a salary bump due to arb, and if we want to deal Keppinger, there'd be a bunch of takers.
I assume when you say Danks you mean John. You realize that John Danks has a contract where he is guaranteed about 45M over the next 3 years? Without eating a large about of salary, I think the Sox have a better chance of getting rid of Dunn than Danks and that chance is slim and fat. I wonder if there will be a lot of takers for Keppinger considering he had a bad year and is owed 8.5m but the Sox were able to pawn off Teahen. Ramirez should be able to be dumped because of the position he plays and his offensive stats were not that bad. De Aza and Beckham can be definitely dumped. I dont expect much of a return for all the players mentioned and wonder where and how players are going to be gotten to fill all these holes.