View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 11:46 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
There was a post-break period where Konerko at least gave an occasional impression that he was a Major League hitter. He was hitting some balls hard, mostly singles to center and right. Lately, it's been a victory if he hits a soft single just over the infield. Yes, he's had a handful of those hits this month, but his "dangerous" factor at that the plate is currently at an all-time low. Even his fly outs are seldom deep. Hey, it happens to the best of them. I just hope he can be honest with himself.

What's interesting is nobody really knows what's going to happen. That's probably because Konerko and Hahn don't even know at the moment.
I really think he never got over that wrist injury last year, he was hitting over .380 with a 1.000 OPS on June 1st and then he had that "wrist procedure" around that time and wasn't the same. He still managed to hit .300 in July but he had only 5 extra base hits. When I have watched him, I have noticed he has a good approach but his power is just non-existent.

Go Sox!!!