View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 02:57 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
Are you serious? Nobody goes to games to see Paul Konerko.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
I think some people will come to the ballpark on Sunday to see Konerko one last time, but probably not next year. He's done. I know it. You know. The Sox front office knows it. I hope Paul knows it and walks away.

It won't be long before Chris Sale will be described as a "familiar face" on this club. He's an All-Star who is just entering his prime. Konerko's days are past. It's time to move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Yeah, we aren't talking about a Griffey or a Ripken here. Everyone loves Paulie. I'm sure in 40 years there will be a few posters here that will remember that everything in the past was better than it really was and declare him a saint, but dude isn't even a fringe HOF guy.

Maybe you guys are right but Paul is a special guy here. He has more plate appearances as a Sox than anyone but Fox in my lifetime. (and many of Nellies pa's were before I was born or when I was too young). He is the last player on the Sox from the 2005 team which was the most important moment in Sox history for any Sox fan alive. Ive known people that have gone to Sox games just to see a statue of a player. Next year he would be a living statue to come see. (I know he would probably play as one also) Maybe Im just thinking that people will go to the park to remember the best times and he will be the only one to remind them of that. People use the past to get them through bad times.