View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 03:05 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Wasn't he the manager from April-September last year? If it's his fault they didn't play well, wouldn't it be his fault they exceeded expections? To me, you are cherry-picking. You only count when the team is bad, and ignore they were in first place last season with a roster that many thought was short.

It's short now, and to complain that it is his fault they are losing after trading Peavy and Rios and Crain and Thornton, is ridiculous. Paulie has been beat up and a shell of his former self. What manager would be getting wins out of this roster right now? Just name one.
Sorry- 7 months of baseball is very healthy sample size- far from cherry picking.

Over the course of June/July- this team played to a .302 winning percentage (49 win pace over a full season)- that was before they started trading anyone.

Ventura got off to a promising start- but the last 7 months have proven (to me) that he (along with the talent level on the roster) is part of the problem not part of the solution.

One example of a manager who took over mediocre team and got them to play good fundamental/.500 baseball was LaRussa for the horrible 1979 White Sox team he inherited from Kessinger.

I just don't like Ventura's approach (if he has one)- at the Wednesday game- he had Danks and Ramirez both reach base late in the game as the tying runs- but never sent them- why? why not be a little aggressive?

In Balt a few weeks ago- he pinch hits Dunn for Viciedo- late in a game where Viciedo had a few hits, etc.- what was the purpose? Don't you want to develop Dayan as part of the future?
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."