View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 11:15 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by delben91 View Post
Comparing to SD is indeed not apples to apples. There are 60+ microbreweries in San Diego county, I believe 30+ within the city limits (but don't quote me on that). It truly is craft beer heaven out here.
While that's true, the Chicago area has exploded very quickly into a craft beer haven of its own in recent years. In the city or within spitting distance, we've got Revolution, Half Acre, Two Brothers, Goose Island, Solemn Oath, 3 Floyds, Wild Onion, Pipewerks, Piece, Haymarket, Metropolitan, Spiteful, Dryhop + whoever else I'm forgetting + all the new microbreweries that are scheduled to open in the next year or two.

For a city that loves beer so much, we've finally caught up a bit. It may be unrealistic to hope for the Cell to be like Safeco or ATT or Petco, but it should be easier to get good beer at a Sox game. And a "Craft Beer Night" has so much more potential than what the Sox are doing. Kind of a wasted opportunity to highlight how far the city has come w/ regard to craft beer at a venue where it's generally not seen.