View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 10:51 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Sox_Summer View Post
They have Daisy Cutter available on a regular basis. 16oz pint for the same price as a Miller Light. $7.75

Most craft brewers cannot produce the amount beer it would take to have it available at the cell. Take for instance, 3 Floyds. They can barely stock local shelves with the demand and such low production. Couple that with a HUGE cut of money coming from Miller Coors to be the official beer of the Sox.

They have a decent selection for a corporate baseball stadium, IMO.

Also, once a brewery starts to manufacture enough beer to fill demand most hard core folks wouldn't consider them craft anyways.
This is precisely correct and a major reason why you don't see rare finds at major venues like the Cell. Coupled, of course, with popularity, even though craft brewing has exploded recently, it still only accounts for 4% of the US beer market share. It's easy to scoff at swill like Bud Light and Miller Lite, but that's still where the cash is.

So I don't knock the Sox for not having a beer lineup that rivals some of the better beer bars around town. That's just the way it is. Frankly, the Cell's beer selection is infinitely better than our friends up North, where their "Premium Beer Selection" I'm pretty sure was just 312 (), Tecate (), and Heineken ().

But I do see why people were so bitterly disappointed in this "Craft Beer Fest" they're trying to throw. I was at a very good craft beer fest earlier this summer in Bridgeport, Mash Tun, at the Bridgeport Arts Fest. Great beer fest, outstanding lineup of breweries, we had a great time and I totally feel my $40 entrance fee was paid off and then some. If the Sox wanted to put on a fest like that, people would have loved it. But when you have Craft Beer Night with your friends from Leine's, Blue Moon, and Apple Cider Garbage, well, the response is expected. I get if you can't do it because the Lord and Masters and MillerCoors won't allow it, well maybe it's just better not to do it at all.