View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 09:04 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewman35 View Post
The NBA only has teams play each other one game at a time, and a lot more time for travel. If teams had to go to more cities, there would be a lot more travel, the union would never allow it.
I see no logic in this. It's not like it would add any travel. There would be exactly as many road games as there are now. It would just increase the variety in the schedule. I'm not sure how they do things in the NBA. But, in the NHL, they schedule road trips where they are playing teams all basically in the same region. For example, the Hawks would play all 3 Western Canadian teams, plus the California teams and Phoenix on the same road trip.

The same thing can apply to MLB. When the Sox are playing teams like the Angels and A's, they can have a 2-game series in SF, SD, and/or Chavez Ravine included in there. When they play the Yankees and O's, throw in a series with the Nats and Phillies in that road trip. It's not like teams are any more spread out in MLB than they are in any other league (NHL actually has the most spread out map of the 4 leagues), plus there are multiple games played in a city for each stop. It really can be done, and I'd fully support it. It DOES get super boring seeing little variety.

17 Other Games I have (all season tickets):
12/16 vs. Minnesota, 12/21 vs. Toronto, 12/23 vs. Winnipeg, 1/4 vs. Dallas, 1/6 vs. Colorado, 1/16 vs. Winnipeg, 1/18 vs. Dallas, 1/20 vs. Arizona, 2/9 vs. Arizona, 2/11 vs. Vancouver, 2/20 vs. Colorado, 2/22 vs. Boston, 3/6 vs. Edmonton, 3/17 vs. New York Islanders, 3/27 vs. Columbus, 3/30 vs. Los Angeles, 4/2 vs. Vancouver