View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 10:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
Sale, Quintana and Garcia are keepers.
Yes. And, really, every trade should be considered.

On this team, getting rid of players will be about as important as acquiring them. The dumb players have to be jettisoned for the best deal the Sox can make for them. De Aza and Ramirez have to go.

I'd love to see Keppinger go. He's the most boring player I can remember playing for the Sox. He's not even fun bad.

The catchers need to go. We need to find a pair of who can catch the ball.

There are currently three DHs on the roster in Dunn, Konerko and Viciedo, if you give the latter two the benefit of producing enough to be called DHs. Dunn will be back. Nobody walks away from that kind of money. Unfortunately, it sounds like Konerko is coming back for a final year. Hopefully Viciedo disappears, one of the strongest but dumbest hitters I've seen.

Gillaspie is no answer to anything.

Maybe you keep Beckham, mostly only because there are so many other issues to deal with.

I'm crossing my fingers that Ventura decides to bail.

I believe Hahn is smart. Time will tell if he has the balls to make the moves that he knows need to be made. It'll be a bad sign if Ventura and Konerko return. I think everyone who's watched the team this season knows that shouldn't happen.