View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 10:22 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Running onto the field after the game is different than running onto the field during the game. The former ceased because it is too costly to repair what are now multi million dollar playing surfaces. Your comment is idiotic on the level of saying TSA should be removed because most people don't have any intention of bringing box cutters onto a plane and hijacking it into a skyscraper. The Gamboa incident caught MLB with its pants down. Saying that you are entertained by watching people run onto the field is a meatball line of thinking. All it does is delay the game which is already too long due to extended commercial breaks.
I do think it's kinda funny when a fan runs on the field but I do think there should be punishment. I just think it's refreshing that Toronto seems to treat this kind of behavior like America did 20 or 30 years ago. Giving a guy a felony for running on a field is pretty harsh and it's not like it deters people from doing it. If baseball wanted to deter fans from running onto the field they should stop selling alcohol at games.