View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 02:04 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
I realize he has no one else to pitch...but tough. Pitch them anyway. Rienzo should have been pulled earlier too...doesn't really matter I guess, and it's an obvious effect of nothing in the pen past Jones and Reed.
And it's highly doubtful there will be a situation in which Reed must throw 8/11 games, 6 games in a row at one point, and the set-up guy 5/6. After all, I would think that other teams, especially teams in contention, would pitch their relievers like this if it was so necessary. But they don't. But Ventura insists on it, with a team out of contention. The front office needs to wake up.
It is not uncommon for closers and primary set-up men on contenders to pitch five games in a week, especially with more teams getting antsy about the pitches the number of pitches their starting pitchers are throwing. Matt Lindstrom, though, leads White Sox pitchers in appearances. For quite awhile, he was leading the league. He has quite a few partial innings, but he has, no doubt, warmed up in the bullpen more than any other White Sox pitcher this season.