View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 09:51 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
I'd still like the higher draft pick, too.
I'm not going to root for the Sox to lose. So, this 6 game winning streak has been a breath of fresh air after months of lousy play.

But, that being said, this team isn't going anywhere and I wouldn't mind a shot at a higher draft pick. I believe that would come with higher money allotted for the international draft too.

Hey, if the Sox win enough games to get the 11th pick, then at least some can keep the excuse alive that the Sox farm system is bad because we almost never have top 10 picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Pretty much, although, let's not forget this win streak is at the hands of the Twins who are probably worse than we are and the fading Royals. I expect a pretty cold dose of reality tomorrow when the Rangers come to town.
But, after that we get the Astros. I'm not under any illusion that this Sox team is only 1 or 2 pieces away from contending, but with this starting pitching, they really shouldn't have been making a run at the 1970 team's loss total. One nice thing is that they were able to plug in Rienzo into the rotation after trading Peavy. So, it wasn't just us trading our veterans and fielding total scrubs after they were gone.