Thread: Dunn
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 02:34 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
I agree he is not blocking, but I think after this season his value will be as high as it will ever be. I think the Sox have to see how much they will have to pay of the $15mil and make the best deal they can get. Next July, only the "haves" will bid on him while in the offseason there may be more teams interested. Even if the Sox have to eat 9 and get a mediocre prospect, maybe they can use the money to sign a quality free agent as part of the rebuild.
My fear is Dunn is worse next year and the Sox get the mediocre prospect and nothing else next July.
We'll see, I agree that Dunn will likely be shopped this off-season and, it is just my observation, I have no proof of this, the Sox have historically been more likely to eat some parts of a remaining contract when it is expiring at year's end than in the middle of a multi-year deal, but the Sox will need someone to play 1B next year; Konerko is done and I would assume extremely unlikely to return and after Dunn, the next 1B in the organization is either a whole lot of Jeff Keppinger (ugh) or Andy Wilkins... Not a lot of great options on the open market, the two most appealing look to be James Loney and Kendrys Morales but I fear that they're both going to get deals that are too expensive and long for their worth.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know