View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 09:30 AM
New At WSI

The Sox need to concentrate on getting offensive players like Marcus Semien. He is showing power, patience and getting on base at over a .400 rate. Another guy who I would like to see get a shot next year is 1B Dan Black from Birmingham, I know he is 26, but he is a good hitter and gets on base very nicely. Semien could be like Beckham in his rookie year, start at 3B and maybe transition to a different position. But the offense needs to concentrate on guys that can get on base. I like Alexei, but he doesn't get on base enough, he is nothing more than a #6 or 7 hitter in a good lineup.

Also the Sox need to be in Jose Dariel Abreu, the 26 year old 1B from Cuba. His stats are borderline stupid. Bringing in a guy that may cost a good amount of money, but how often can you get a 26 year old power hitter without giving up any prospects.

I am also completely against signing guys like Ellsbury. He really depends on his legs to play his game and he is only getting older. The Sox need to stop giving guys in their 30's long term deals. Honestly with the free agent list at the moment, the only guy I really would want to sign is Eric O'Flaherty and he is coming off surgery. He would give the Sox a top flight lefty to go with the others.

The rotation and bullpen should be solid for a while. If I had my way, I hope for some guys to have really good years, but plan to use next season as a starting point and getting reads on certain players or showcasing some to trade at the deadline. My 25 as it stands right now would be this

C- Josh Phegley, Tyler Flowers
1B- Dan Black/Andy Wilkins, Adam Dunn
2B- Gordon Beckham
3B- Connor Gillaspie, Jeff Keppinger
SS- Alexei Ramirez
OF- Alejandro De Aza
OF- Avisail Garcia, Jordan Danks/Blake Tekotte
OF- Dayan Viciedo

SP- Chris Sale, John Danks, Jose Quintana, Hector Santiago, Andre Rienzo

BP- Addison Reed, Eric O'Flaherty, Matt Lindstrom, Nate Jones, Donnie Veal/Charlie Leesman, Jake Petricka, Daniel Webb

Then the top 5 guys who are basically or close to major league ready are Marcus Semien, Leury Garcia, Erik Johnson, Dan Black/Andy Wilkins and Carlos Sanchez.

I still believe with the Sox pitching all around and the money to spend on amatuer talent and free agents, the Sox can compete in just a few years.