View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 07:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
He let last year's best hitter walk and replaced him with a black hole, setup our defense for disaster by throwing Keppinger out there, and did nothing with left field instead banking on improvement from one of the worst overall everyday players in the league last year (who, surprise to no one, is just as bad if not worse this year).

He's not to blame for the state of the organization as a whole, and he's made some decent deadline moves, but let's not act like he's not 100% to blame for us being THIS bad. He made some really ****ty calls that sunk our season as early as the Marlins. You don't "luck" into being this bad. It takes effort.
Seriously? What exactly did you want him to do? You blame him for trotting out a crappy offense and simultaneously blame him for bringing in a .285 career contact hitter (Keppinger) which they badly needed. He has two measly errors this year. They had to stick with Viciedo and find out what they had there. He inherited no cash thanks to Rios and Dunn. He managed to re-sign Peavy which was brilliant - worst case they trade him for prospects, which is exactly what they did. I just don't see what Hahn could have done this season. If you want to blame someone for being historically bad, blame the manager for not having his team prepared, blame the old GM for horrid contracts. Don't think we can blame Hahn yet.

"I'm sorry that you don't like our 3-4-5 hitters. Or our closer.

"I'm sorry that you don't like our third baseman and our shortstop. Or our left fielder and our right fielder.

"I'm sorry people feel this way about our club. But I also want you to know something about that:

"We don't care."

-Kenny Williams before start of 2005 season