View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 12:43 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
Right, it isn't a college team or a club team.

Kenny basically was speaking to the meatballs of the fan base that need this stuff blown up their rear end.

What the Sox need more than anything right now is leadership and energy. This team is one of the most boring, most dull ever. For anyone who played even a varsity high school sport, you know how important it is to NOT BE FLAT. Bad Habits are contagious. There is not one guy on this team offensively who can carry the load. There is not one guy (outside maybe Dunn) who can change an entire game on one swing of the bat or one great trip on the basepaths.

I think when Rios commented on the energy Texas has, that was telling.

If you had to look at guys Kenny may have been talking too, Tank is probably one. You can't play him at first base because you can't handle his offensive production there. 1st is a position where you need to think offense first. His .750 OPS isn't going to hack it.
You say he's speaking to the "meatballs" in the fan base then, in the same post, say this team needs intangibles and take a wild guess at who he's talking about. You can't make this **** up. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).