View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 04:03 PM
WSI Church Elder

Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
To me, the Sox need offense more than defense,altho Inglesias is looking very good.

I am glad the Sox got Garcia....but Fister was pounding him and most Sox hitters on that inside corner...nice that they found a key to lighting him up for 14 hits eventually.

Gordo Beckham really looks like a centerpiece second baseman in the Utley mold lately. He has to be very good,like he has been,if the Sox do want a quick re-build around the young rotation.

Always nice to beat the frigging they are 17-4 in their last Sox need to really shock them and win the series..
I actually disagree. I think the best thing we can do to help the pitching staff is to tighten up the defense. I was happy with the pick up of L. Garcia. If his defense is as good as advertised, I'm fine going with him at SS.

Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).