View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 07:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
The only thing I hated this year was the 1 guy we won't sign is the guy with one of the bigger upsides, but thats 10000% based on his body, and nothing he has done.

We drafted well, and we took guys who have some high risk/high reward. Namely, Danish. I loved that pick. Maybe he does not work out, a lot of guys like him won't. But his velocity and breaking ball give him a chance to be special. It wasn't just an athletic/toolsy OF type, but a guy with legit baseball skills. We didn't just focus on signability, but finding guys who might make an impact with the signability factor. We had a really decent draft.

I don't get it. Are people pissed that Hahn actually seems to have a plan?
We focused on signability last year? Both Anderson and May were both way bigger reaches than Hawkins and Barnum. May was a total save money pick. I know why they did it though. Hawkins wasn't a reach in any way and everyone loved the pick. Danish is far more of a risk than Barnum. A lot of organizations wouldn't touch Danish with a 5th round pick. Personally, I loved both drafts, but I think your argument is either ignorant or biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).