Thread: Dunn
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 10:18 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
Congratulations to Dunn on his achievement. Too bad it's essentially meaningless to the White Sox since this team is cemented in last place. We needed his bat in 2011 and 2012 when it might have actually have made a difference, but he turned out to be a colossal bust.

Hopefully his recent success will make it more likely that the White Sox can unload him. It depends on whether there are teams out there desperate enough for power to be willing to assume most of his remaining salary. It also depends on whether the Sox are willing to eat a portion of his remaining salary.

I realize that trading Dunn now would likely mean even more losses for the Sox this year, but I think it would be better for the team long term if they could unload him now.
I will not argue that Dunn was ridiculously awful in 2011 (and the first two months of 2013) but his 2012 season was pretty solid and he had some meaningful hits and HRs for last year's contending club. 41HRs, 96RBI, and 103BBs is what he was brought here to do. It's just unfortunate that there has been more bad than good with Dunn.

2012 stats:
http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...&year=2012&t=b
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin