Thread: Catch Minnesota
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 07:50 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
And today's game is really an illustration of the point I've been trying to make. Not much energy or intensity out there. The manager and the coaching staff should give these guys a goal for the rest of the year. Maybe it doesn't need to be catching Minnesota. Maybe you just say, "Hey, guys, let's try to go 6-4 on this homestand." Or, "Well, we've got 46 games left. Let's try to go .500 the rest of the year."

Do something, anything, to give these guys some motivation other than personal pursuits. I don't think it's silly and pointless to set goals like that. Something needs to be said or done to prevent lackluster performances like today. Doesn't matter that they lost. I just don't want to see guys going through the motions and giving away at-bats. Use this time to get better. Compete like it matters. Let the wins and losses fall where they may.
Who knows what happens behind closed doors. Maybe the manager and staff gave this team a goal but the talent level is still pretty bad. Scoring 2 runs in the 9th I guess is a sign the team did not quit. You also have the possiblity that the team gave up on Robin so his goals don't mean much