View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 07:01 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
So if you were a GM and needed an OF you would rather give up a top prospect for Alex Rios than keep the top prospect and just sign one of the guys mentioned?

I really am amazed at the number of posters who want to see him patroling RF next season. I would have thought they would be more like me, the replacement is ready, the money can be used elsewhere, his attitude at times is indifferent, don't ask for too much Mr. Hahn. I just think the Sox should obviously try to max out on the return, but I see this as an opportunity for more financial flexibility, and I doubt Rios' value is going to jump much in the next year, nor do I think he is in the long term plans for this team.
I don't think many of us want to see Rios in RF next year, those of us against the dump don't want the Sox to make a poor baseball move. We have to get something decent in return for one of our better assets.

And this idea that Jerry would take the savings from a Rios dump and invest it in the draft, international free agents, spend big in FA (after getting burned in 2010) and otherwise spend big in player development that he hasn't done in the 30+ years he's owned the club, I have to ask, what are you smoking??