Originally Posted by KingXerxes
While that sounds easy in theory, I'd bet it's almost impossible.
Dealing with bureaucracies (especially corrupt ones) isn't easy or fun. The miserable Soldier Field turf is proof that the White Sox are not the only ones getting something less than spectacular service from the public entities owning the venues.
Since the park has opened they have:
- cut out seats from the upper deck
- added a short roof of the top of the upper deck
- replaced regular seats with the scout seats
- added the fundamentals deck
- added the fan deck
- changed the paint color on the seats
- added the scoreboard in RF
I don't think it would be all that hard for them to change their other scoreboard should they choose to. Soldier Field isn't a very good comparison because that is also a historical landmark, same with Wrigley, which brings many more restrictions with it.