View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huisj View Post
To put this petty argument to rest, a quick link to a page that I found in about 15 seconds:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ching_gamelogs

I remember people comparing his approach and stuff to Maddux during that stretch. It's weird looking back on it that it was really only 7 starts before he came back to earth. It seemed like it was more of the first half.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
He was 6-1 with a 2.00 ERA 5 weeks and 45 innings into the 1999 season and fell apart. He also fanned less than 5 per 9 innings. I am not sold on Santiago's future as a great starter, but he is far more talented than Snyder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huisj View Post
Santiago as a lefty with low-90s pop that gets lots of strikeouts is a whole lot different than John Snyder as a righty with 90 peak and reliance on location and movement. Snyder was like a slightly bigger Dylan Axelrod. Santiago's biggest problem isn't his stuff or his arm, it's his control.
I was just trying to point out the extreme positive analyzation of our guys. Santiago's different, yes, but he's still a 4/5/6 ceiling guy. Comparing him to Samardzija is an absolute reach.