View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 12:09 AM
WSI High Priest

I went to a Cubs game a few weeks ago with some tickets that were given to me. It had just rained. I was greeted by an usher with a smile who guided me to our seats and wiped them off with a towel before telling us if there was anything we needed to not hesitate to ask. I also experienced nice, friendly and prompt service in the concessions. It was really nice.

Fast forward to tonight's Sox game. We sat in the the first few rows of section 138 (part of the seating chart where prices went UP this season). We were greeted by some troglodyte with a scowl on her face as if she looked as though she wanted to die. No words spoken, no tickets checked, no help offered at any point during the game. I noticed this to be a common theme among most of the "part time, contracted" employees, as the Sox label them.

I went for a turkey sandwich. There was nobody else in line. From the moment I put my order in, it tooksixteen (16) minutes before I was handed the turkey sandwich. Yes, sixteen minutes as the clueless staff joked amongst themselves and their friends that came to the counter.

Somebody needs to take responsibility for these "part-time" employees because the ball is really being dropped here. The Sox must have the worst gameday staff of any team in baseball.