View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 01:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingXerxes View Post
In what I'm sure will go down as one of the strangest interviews ever, Ken Harrelson was on the WSCR morning show this morning.

In the interview, and I'm not making this up, Harrelson said the he (Ken) and he (Hawk) are different people, and many a time Hawk had to tell Ken to get out of the way. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and say he was just trying to illustrate different aspects of his single personality, but he just kept going and going even speaking of his 2nd personality in the third "person".

Still and all though, it was completely Harrelson. Create a second personality and you create a deniability for ever having done anything stupid, embarrassing or wrong. Just blame it on the other guy who occupies your head.
I heard it too, and boy was it bizarre.

But an interesting point I learned today... Hawk played in the '72 Open Championship at Muirfield.

I also just found this interesting piece on Hawk from SI in '66. I always thought his stories were a bit far-fetched and that he was embellishing a bit. Maybe I should take his stories more seriously...