View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 11:33 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWHITESOX View Post
If the Sox trade Sale they better get a boat load. I know the organization is lacking in position players but if they move Sale and Peavy this team will just be giving from one strength and picking up prospects who may never pan out to their hype. I have said it before pitching is the hardest to come by; and if they trade their top two pitchers and Rios the only real asset left is Reed. I hope they keep Sale and move some of their dead wait De Aza, Ramirez, Dunn, Axelrod amongst others. I will be anxious to see how Hahn handles things before and after the trade deadline; and hope for the best.
I agree with this assessment. There are many who talk of highly-regarded prospects as if their future contributions are a given. I'd much rather keep Sale (and even Viciedo) than not get back at least one hitter ready to play in the lineup everyday along with prospects. If that doesn't happen, so be it, we just keep the young, inexpensive players we have until some team makes it worth our while to gamble on their prospects. Example, there are some who would have traded Sale for Colby Rasmus and two other highly-ranked prospects two years ago. How would that have worked out?
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell