View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 04:58 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
They were his horses, and he ran with them. He had flexibility in the off-season. He didn't bring back AJ, instead trusted in Flowers, Viciedo, and Keppinger (who are all zero way players). Those were bone-headed, amateur moves. I'm not giving him a pass. There's too much at stake. You think five years is long, ask fans of teams like the Pirates, Cubs, and Royals what happens if the guy behind your rebuild doesn't know how to evaluate talent. As sickening as the whole Theo thing was, I understand why Cubs fans were so giddy about it. They finally got a guy who could rebuild.
I don't know- based on Keppinger's stats in 2010-2012- that seemed like a reasonable move to plug a position (3rd) where we had no one.

Viciedo in 2012 was a 23 yo LF- who gave better defense than expected with a plus arm- and hit .255-25-78- seemed like the next step for him was to start drawing some walks, raise the average a bit- not unusual for a 23 yo.

Flowers over AJ- not a good move- I think they lost the one guy in the clubhouse that would not have tolerated the dumbass way they've played baseball this year. I've heard AJ was so disliked in the clubhouse that that was part of the decision- but of all the moves- that was the one I'd question.

I'm willing to give Hahn this trading deadline and this offseason to prove himself.

I'd feel better if KW wasn't still lurking around- he needs to go- completely.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."

Last edited by TomBradley72; 07-15-2013 at 05:05 PM.