View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 08:41 AM
WSI Personality

Default I'm Worried

The 2013 White Sox are in last place simply because this team can't hit. I read on one of these posts that the White Sox have scored 3 or less runs in 70% of there games. They're missing 2/3 hitters to contend. There are a number of ways to correct this problem. 1) Bring up some hitters from the Minor Leagues. There doesn't appear to be anybody down in the farms who can help the team next year. 2) Trade somebody from the bullpen for a good everyday hitter. The only person who can bring back a good hitter would be Addison Reed. I don't know if the White Sox want to do that. 3) Trade one/some of the starting pitchers who can bring back some hitters. It doesn't make any sense to me to trade your best pitchers. The only person they can plug into the rotation next season from the minors is Johnson. 4) Sign a couple of free agents who can hit. I don't mean high price agents like Robinson Cano. Free agents who are cheaper like K. Morales and Nate Mclouth would fit into the White Sox lineup quite nicely. I think this is the way to go. Add a few hitters into this lineup and keep our starting pitching staff together would put us back in the Playoff hunt for 2014. All of the above led me to call Chris Rongey on the postgame show last night after the first game. When I brought up the idea of signing some free agents this off season his response was he would be surprised if the White Sox would sign any free agents this off season. He claimed it wouldn't help attendance much next season if they signed some players. I would like to think Rongey knows things about the White Sox organization that most of us don't know. If he claims the White Sox are not going to sign any free agents after this season, he probably has already been told that by somebody in the White Sox organization. And if that's the case, I'm worried about the 2014 season already.