View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 12:08 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
It could indeed take 5 years for the Sox to get back into contention. I'm not saying I think that will happen. But, I don't find that possibility hard to imagine.

Of course, the point is that there is no reason that it needs to take 5 years to rebuild. The Sox will have some bad, expensive contracts coming off the books in the next year or two. They have a decent core of 4 lefty starting pitchers to build around. Finally, it sounds like maybe there's finally some signs of hope that talent currently at the lower minor league levels may be ready to help the team in a couple of years. So, maybe Rick Hahn will have this team back as a contender by 2015.
As each day passes and the players look worse and worse, any return we get for them diminishes greatly. At this point, it looks like we'll get nothing for anyone currently on the ML roster (whom we want to trade) except for Rios, and he's hitting poorly himself. So how do you rebuild in a couple of years? The only way is to take more bad contracts like the ones we have now.