View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 02:00 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
What? You can't wait for the breathless reports about how awesome Jay Cutler looked hitting Brandon Marshall on a 5 yard out in only helmets two months before the beginning of the season?
In fairness, we have almost a completely new coaching staff, new offensive game plan, a legit tight-end in Bennett, etc. This isn't your typical Bears pre-season so yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Beats the hell out of watching the Sox come up with new ways to lose.

I'm actually jealous of my friends that are Cubs fans. Whether it works or not, time will tell, but at least there's a "plan." I have no clue what the Sox are even attempting to do. Even if they decide to blow it up, some of our most trade-able commodities are injured (Konerko/Peavy/Crain) or cold as ice (Rios). Instead of converting them into legitimate prospects, Hahn will probably have to take AAAA players and pick up some of their salary to boot. It honestly couldn't get much worse. And while I applaud their relatively new drafting philosophy (higher ceiling kids), it may be several more years before any of them - Walker, Thompson, Barnum, Hawkins, and Anderson - are on the MLB roster. What's more troubling is that all of them are K-ing at an alarming rate. For a team that can't hit, this doesn't bode well for the future.