View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:47 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
That attitude is more infuriating than the team's play. The team's bad so somehow we should either accept it happily and keep our mouth's shut or leave baseball forever?

We complain because that's what a lot of fans need to be do when it's this bad. Not watching is also an option, but it shouldn't be in the sense that if you aren't going to be positive about this ****ty team you need to go away. Everyone deals with it differently. Just because I can accept how bad they are (and have since before the season) doesn't mean I don't have a lot to say about it.
Eh, I don't know about all that. I mean, if that's how you best deal with the team's ****ty performance then that's fine by me.

I personally am more like sachin where if the team is terrible and making me angry, I choose to refocus my time on something that doesn't make me angry. As a result, I post less. Plus, when I post while frustrated I tend to make ridiculously hyperbolic statements as anyone that was in the Blackhawks playoff threads can attest to. So best all around that I keep my distance.

Anyway, just as it's your "right" to vent your frustration on the site, it's the right of fans like myself and sachin to go do something else and pay less attention in general. Fandom is not a one-size-fits-all entity.