View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 06:25 PM
WSI Personality

It's a shame but every sport has someone who just has to be in the spotlight; for reasons that have nothing to do with the team. Examples of guys you probably already know M Ramirez, D Rodman, T Owens, Birdman, and the list goes on and on. Team sports just aren't good enough for some individuals unless they can stand out from the rest; not for their accomplishments on the field but for their outrageous actions. I'm not saying the afore mentioned players aren't talented; their just a little bit off their rocker. In a team sport to see a guy like the birdman tattooed head to toe with a mohawk haircut to me belongs in sports that are not team oriented and sets a poor example for children who idolize them. Most people when they go to work and are exposed to the general public are held to higher standards.I am sure there are a lot of people who might agree with me ; but in today's new culture I am sure there is just as many that won't. But that's the great thing about being able to express your thoughts.