View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 08:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
I wouldn't even rule out 2014. Baseball is so unpredictable which is part of what makes it a great game. Nobody saw the Sox being contenders last year and they were. The Blue Jays, Dodgers, and Angels were supposed to run away with everything this year and not one of them is above .500. I will reserve judgment on 2014 until I see what moves Hahn makes.
I don't rule 2014 out, but I don't give it a high probability. If you look at who we'll likely give up here in trades and lose in free agency, we'll probably be replacing them with prospects or veterans on the downside of their career. That doesn't instill a lot of confidence in competing for a championship. I more think of 2014 as a chance to see what we've been building the last couple years and what we got out of trades we will likely make.

The one thing that makes me feel we can be competitive is our starting pitching staff. A healthy Danks and Peavy behind Sale could give us a shot. If we can find Dunn hitting above .220, that would be huge too.