Thread: Vendors
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 12:43 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko View Post
I sat through the dark days at the United Center when there were about 3 grand at the game and I basically had a section of seats to myself on the 300 level. Guess what? ALL THE STANDS WERE OPEN AND THERE WERE VENDERS AND USHERS. I'm sick of this "staffing to the projected attendance" bull****. Staff the ****ing park or hire a company that will. I can't believe that sportservice doesn't have to answer to somebody from ballpark operations. That's ridiculous.
They've been doing this for years- at the old ballpark- any big spike in walk up (great weather, hot streak,etc)- and they would "choke" on the volume- because only a few ticket windows would be open.

Concession stands closing down in the 7th inning, etc.

I've visited 23 different MLB ballparks- I have NEVER experienced the b.s. that you witness at the Cell.

When I've gone to a different ballpark (usually work travel related) then visited the Cell within a week or so- the difference is "jarring".
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."