View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 09:47 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Chappas View Post
Don't hold your breath. Unlike the Sox, the Hawks front office isn't going to let this opportunity pass them by. These kids that are sporting Kane jerseys are future season ticket holders. And for the life of me, and can't understand the resentment some feel over the Hawks newfound popularity. As a Sox fan, it's upsetting that the organization failed to capitalize on '05. I couldn't care less if people jumped on the bandwagon. The more the merrier...
No resentment here. Kids don't play hockey here though like they do in Michigan. It's still a niche sport. You have no idea what's going to happen in the future. The '85 Bears only won the title one time. One injury mucks it all up. I am surprised that so many people have a hard time with the concept of cyclical success in sports. It is quite a grand statement though to say hockey will be more popular than baseball. Ain't going to happen. I love the Hawks though.

It's silly to say the Sox are at fault that they couldn't capitalize. They went all-in with Thome and Vazquez in 2006. They won 90 games. It's just some bad luck considering what happened. 2007 was an anomaly because of the injuries. They rebounded in 2008 and could have easily gone to the World Series if Quentin and Crede were healthy. The series with the Rays was winnable. Crap happens. Now they suck again like they did in the late 80s. The bad part is that Frank and Robin are not waiting in the wings.

2013 Attendance Record: 7-9, .438