View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 08:54 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Any "explanation" would be awkward since it would involve Hahn highlighting the mistakes his boss made- ****ed up, barren farm system, overpriced veteran contracts for Dunn, Danks, etc., weak talent assessment or development (Viciedo, Flowers) and hiring a manager with zero experience at any level.

Like if Hoyer and Epstein were reporting to Hendry.
While not great, the farm system isn't barren and the draft philosophy has been completely overhauled.

Dunn and Danks signed market to below market value deals. Few could have predicted Viciedo was going to regress this much. They had to see what they had in Flowers. If the rest of the lineup was playing to expectations, they could afford to hide him in the lineup or replace him.

Pretty much every move the Sox have made in the last couple years went horribly wrong, but they weren't necessarily bad moves. It sucks that we're in this position, but I'm not mad about the approach of management. I certainly don't expect a ****ing explanation, let alone an apology. I'm a big boy. I can figure it out for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).