View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 07:56 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Then don't ****in get worked up over it. It's sports, guys. SPORTS. Sometimes your favorite baseball team is just bad. The Sox were basically irrelevant in the mid-to-late '90s, buried behind the dynasty Bulls and the Sammy & Co. Cubs and low and behold, they wound up having arguably the best decade in team history immediately following.

Getting all pouty and throwing a temper tantrum about how you're "owed" an explanation isn't going to make anything better. If JR came out tomorrow and talked about how ****ty the team was or fired Hahn or Ventura would that really make watching Gordon Beckham tackling Gillaspie in the 9th more palatable? Would it make watching Viciedo or De Aza lose track of the number of outs in the inning better? No, the team would still be ****ty. Just have to ride it out until they're not ****ty any more.
That is a pretty narrow view of the original poster's comments, and you may be seeing it with a pre-conceived notion of the original poster that I don't have, which is fine. But I interpret it differently. I look at how the Bears approach to their public relations changed so drastically with Angelo and Lovie out. The new GM has been pretty transparent, or at least as much as he could be without tipping his hand. Not only is it refreshing, it's been well received and actually makes me want to watch and root for the organization. It's called PR, marketing, whatever you want to call it. I think Hahn's recent comments about being sick about this team are a step in that direction. But I have no problem with what the original poster has said. This organization is a mess right now, period. It's not JR who needs to say something, that is not his role, but at least the GM, or even Kenny if he is still involved. It would be nice if after the trade deadline someone came out and gave us at least a hint about where it's all going. Heck, even the Cubs at this point are doing a million times better at explaining their plan.

"I'm sorry that you don't like our 3-4-5 hitters. Or our closer.

"I'm sorry that you don't like our third baseman and our shortstop. Or our left fielder and our right fielder.

"I'm sorry people feel this way about our club. But I also want you to know something about that:

"We don't care."

-Kenny Williams before start of 2005 season