View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 02:10 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
Little Nell before I make even the shortest and simplest of posts I remind myself someone is likely to tell me in words and/or emoticons what a complete and worthless idiot I am. I'm with you. The team has me beyond exasperation. Believe me if they continue to flounder for a few more years, and the Cubs have even the most modest upturn they will be beyond irrelevant. They're close to that now. I understand the passion and the frustration. We cancelled our Tropicana Dome trip too.
Then don't ****in get worked up over it. It's sports, guys. SPORTS. Sometimes your favorite baseball team is just bad. The Sox were basically irrelevant in the mid-to-late '90s, buried behind the dynasty Bulls and the Sammy & Co. Cubs and low and behold, they wound up having arguably the best decade in team history immediately following.

Getting all pouty and throwing a temper tantrum about how you're "owed" an explanation isn't going to make anything better. If JR came out tomorrow and talked about how ****ty the team was or fired Hahn or Ventura would that really make watching Gordon Beckham tackling Gillaspie in the 9th more palatable? Would it make watching Viciedo or De Aza lose track of the number of outs in the inning better? No, the team would still be ****ty. Just have to ride it out until they're not ****ty any more.

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Maybe never? Apparently I am bad luck

Last edited by doublem23; 06-30-2013 at 02:20 PM.