View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 04:51 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
As a society, we've moved past the "we need to throw the chief into a volcano to appease the gods" mentality when things go poorly - except when it comes to MLB managers apparently.

Blaming Ventura for the team's issues is laughable. Perhaps firing him will satisfy the bloodlust of a disappointed fanbase, but no manager can fix the larger problems with this team.
Not bloodlust- I just believe the continuous drumbeat of lazy, unfocused, stupid baseball is partly attributed to the manager in charge.

I usually have a very long fuse at making a change in the manager- and this year is flushed down the toilet already- but this team is becoming the laughingstock of baseball, and the players aren't just "slumping"- they are regressing. If this manager had any name other than "Robin Ventura"- he would be held much more accountable for the team's performance.

This team isn't a contender by any means- but they are embarrassing themselves on a daily basis (twice yesterday).

Routine fly ball to right center drops between the CF & RF for a "triple"? Ball through the SS's legs to lose a game? Pop up to the infield to close out a game drops to tie the game up? 0-9 pitcher with 5+ ERA shuts you down on a 4 hitter? Blow a 5-0 lead, lose 19-10, 3 players run thru your 3rd base coach, OF's dont's know how many outs? Blow an 8-5 lead and lose 9-8 in the bottom of the 9th? Your back up catcher swings on 1-0 following a 4 pitch walk?

All in one week of White Sox baseball.

No one is benched. No one is sent down. No adjustments in any way- I know the roster is mediocre and the minors are barren- but the manager has to do SOMETHING.

If the manager isn't accountable for this performance, WHEN is the manager EVER accountable?

Not a witch hunt- just the most incompetent White Sox team I can remember-and I've been a diehard since 1971.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."