View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 12:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvora View Post
I was a few rows behind the Sox dugout with incredible seats for this game. This was a major, major brawl. It actually flared up about three times.
Fick, that piece of ****, flicked off the crowd while exiting towards the bullpen and got a beer shower from the crowd.
Foulke came back to the dugout with a cut under his eye and got a standing ovation.
I was probably sitting 10 rows behind you at that game. To this day, it is the only game I've attended where there was a bench clearing brawl and boy what a doozy. There were actually several parts to that brawl if I remember right. The big one was the one Palmer started by throwing his helmet at Parque but there was one later in the game too when Howry plunked a Tigers hitter and then Weaver (who had already been ejected) came out of the locker room to join in the second brawl.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin