View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 03:42 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I feel like no one here reads a scouting report that isn't given by Hawk. Seriously. What I've said shouldn't be new knowledge or even questioned.
Jose Quintana used a new offseason strength conditioning program heading into the 2013 season with Allen Thomas to improve his stamina and arm strength. This arm strength conditioning was done to address his struggles in September of last year when he ran out of gas after pitching more innings than he ever had before in his career. The added benefit to this new conditioning is that he has added mph to his fastball this season. If you don't believe me that Quintana's stuff has improved this season, check out this article from CBS Sports (not written by Hawk Harrelson) that highlights Quintana's increased velocity in 2013. It even uses Fangraphs as a reference. He averages 91.3 mph this season and not 89. Velocity topping out at about 94 as others have mentioned.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ne...ocity-increase
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin